Thursday, December 3, 2015

Story 4: Michael Malone: Drugs, Alcohol, Jail, Divorce


These stories are so much better when told by the person who went through it.   Everything below comes from Michael Malone.  The here is the link to the source of the story.   A Changed Life

-----

Born in New Brunswick, New Jersey, USA in 1967, the first of three boys. I was raised in Middlesex County where I have spent most of my life.

Music became an important part of my life at nine years old, when I began taking guitar lessons from my mother. She gave me my first acoustic guitar. I still recall the first song I ever strummed and sang on that guitar. It was “Down in the Valley”.

As a young teen, I performed with various bands, playing classic rock covers.
I came to realize that I had a real gift; I could write songs. I would write songs about my life and my experiences. Some titles included “I’m Bored”; “Forget about Me” and “That Girl of Mine”. The songs lacked something. They seemed empty to me.
It was like I was trying to fill a void in my life that could not be identified. That would soon become more apparent in my later teenage years as I start to find other ways to satisfy that void.

During my later teenage years and most of my twenties, I got involved with marijuana, alcohol, and experimented with many other drugs. I even spent time in jail and was ordered by the courts to perform community service and be tested for drug use weekly.

I was married and divorced twice, and have a son from my first marriage. I quit many jobs after brief employment for various reasons. I gave up on music, people and myself. It seemed that I would never be satisfied and my life was in a pit of despair.

I was raised Catholic, attended Catholic School and received Communion and Confirmation. My second wife was a Baptist Pastor’s daughter. I was baptized a Baptist and almost never missed a Sunday worship service over the course of five years.
I would be hung over many Sunday mornings half listening to my Father-In-Law’s sermon. My second marriage ended in a bitter divorce after only one year.

Little did I know that my entire life would change in December of 2006.
My third wife Mary had a life-transforming encounter with Jesus Christ in the summer of 2006, which helped me to see the truth. I recall looking into her eyes one day and seeing the change in her. From that point on it was all clear to me now what I needed to do to change my foolish, self serving ways. I surrendered my life to Jesus Christ. That void in my heart was filled by the Holy Spirit and I couldn’t get enough!

It took 38 years. It wasn’t my catholic schooling, a marriage into a preacher’s family or guilt that rescued me; it was the truth about Jesus Christ and what He did for me on the cross. It was John 3:16: "For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life" that opened the eyes of my heart. He was, He is and He will always be the one and only living God, who saves all of us if we would only believe in Him.

As of December 13th, 2006, I’m drug free, many of my sins have been taken away, past sins forgiven. I'm still a work in progress, happily married, for the final time to my beautiful Christian wife Mary. I hold a steady job, own a home and attend Christian church regularly where I study, pray, serve and fellowship with other believers.

Jesus is the center of my life. Now my songs are written to glorify Him.
The songs I write have meaning; they touch hearts and hopefully impact lives in a positive direction. God has blessed me abundantly. He has gifted me and empowered me to lead lost souls to the Cross through His word. I’m ready and willing to lead others as my wife Mary lead me; but only Jesus Christ can SAVE!

This is my personal testimony, but it doesn’t end here. It’s only the beginning. MJM

In Him,
Michael J Maione

No comments:

Post a Comment